Tour to Hageland cup, Belgium May 2014 u11s & u13s
2014 Tour to Belgium – Hageland Cup.
We are pleased to announce 2014 season BANES Football Development’s Tour to the Belgian city of Aarschot for the Hageland cup.
We will be taking the following squads – 11s, u13s.
Hageland cup is an international football tournament with over 250 teams participating. During last year’s tournament they have had teams from Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Luxemburg, Denmark, Sweden, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Serbia, Romania, Poland, Ukraine, Moldavia, Latvia, Austria, Switzerland, Turkey, Spain, Italy and R.D. Congo.
We will be staying in a Centre Parcs or Sun Parks accommodation (We have previously stayed in a Sun Parks and the standard of our stay was excellent). We have decided to stay in a park like this rather than a hotel because the players can use their free time with a huge choice of facilities & activities (Swimming, Beach Volley ball, Tennis, Table Tennis, Mini golf, Cycling, Ten Pin Bowling and many more activities).
Dates and Logistics
We will be travelling by coach; we will be staying approximately 2 hours from Dunkirk, (Dunkirk is where we will come off the ferry). Dates of the tour are Friday 23rd May – Monday 26th May 2014.
The cost of this tour is *£365 per boy, including: (*please read fundraising below).
- Return transport via coach to Belgium.
- Accommodation for 4 days, 3 nights in a Centre Parc’s- Sun Parks.
- Bed & Breakfast.
- Entry into the tournament
- Transport to and from all fixtures
- UEFA qualified coaching during all games.
- Supervision by staff at all times (All staff qualified, CRB checked and First Aid Trained)
- Child Welfare Officer on site at all times
Spectator packages are available for parents costing £300 including:
- Return transport via coach to Belgium
- Accommodation for 4 days, 3 nights in a holiday home
- Bed & Breakfast.
£65 difference in cost between parents and players is to pay the coaches, physio & tournament entry fees.
Parents are more than welcome to attend the tournament and arrange their own accommodation however we would like the players to stay on site as a squad.
Sponsorship and Fundraising
We will be organising a sponsored training session where the boys dress as a fairy or a princess and take part in the session in fancy dress.
Nick Gwyther is looking to arrange a race night to raise money to pay for the players to attend, both u11s and u13s welcome.
We are also looking to arrange bag packs.
Any money raised on the sponsored training session will go directly towards that players tour cost.
Any money raised via bag packing will be split evenly between all players who attend this will then be taken off the remaining tour balance.
We anticipate each player could raise £100 plus off their tour cost if all fundraising is undertaken.
Benefits of attending the tour for players
- 1.Improvement in match situations. The players will progress rapidly throughout the duration of the weekend. As coaches we will have the chance to really impact and improve a player’s game through coaching of mistakes and positive reinforcement, with so many games of good standard players will return much improved in a game situation.
- 2.Players will have the opportunity to play against foreign opposition, experiencing different styles of play & tactics.
- 3.Strengths and weaknesses. Going on tour gives us the opportunity to assess each player’s strengths and weaknesses and gives us a better opportunity to help them improve via training by targeting these weaknesses.
- 4.Team building & bonding. The squad will play together, eat together and socialise the whole weekend meaning they will return as a close knit squad with lots of new close friends.
- 5.Independence. The players will become more independent, having to organise themselves for the day ahead, pack their kit and arrive for team meetings on time! This is a few of the responsibilities they will have. (Every player will be supervised).
Limited Squad sizes for tour -
We will only be taking the following- (this will be on a first come, first served basis.)
U11s - 10 players.
U13- 14 players
Please let Craig know by 14th December if you would like to attend via Email. (address below). After that date we will offer the opportunity to other players in the age group below to ensure we have enough players to attend.